Monday, April 27, 2009

Day 10 –Keyenta, Az to Ship Rock, NM. (98 bike miles)



Beautiful views of mesa,part of the sacred Monument Valley,from hotel window. Taking advantage of internet access, Bill gets a late start, seeing beautiful rock formations and eventually catching up with Charlie and Kriss by lunch time. Bill, Charlie, and Martha take a detour to Four Corners, while Kriss continues to Ship Rock, New Mexico, which is a completely Navaho town, and accurately named. We spend the night in a campground on the San Juan river in Ship Rock, watching a huge fire that appeared out of control, but eventually was put out.








6 comments:

  1. Excellent posts, Bill! You're a pro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone asked me why you went to Four Corners. Because it's there, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What did you think of Navajo country? 102 miles is alot. I don't think that I could do that. You all are going to be in the best shape ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The desert is amazing! I love the pictures...and it makes me jealous that I can't join you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just caught up on the 1st 10 days. It looks like you people are having a great time in spite of the trouble you have had. Good luck on the days ahead. (Santa is watching you now)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are in some of my favorite places in the desert - I hope the memories are soulful and that they linger. Congrats on coming so far! Seems you are finding your ease...and at 100 miles in a day...after day...my my. Keep smilin!!

    ReplyDelete